12 September 2018
BAE Systems’ Training Challenges
BAE Systems came to Learnlight looking for a training solution that blended face-to-face training with online intercultural tools. They needed an innovative solution that would meet the requirements of their diverse employees:
In collaboration with Learnlight, BAE Systems identified the following key objectives for this important learning and development initiative:
- Develop learning strategies to develop the global competence of employees.
- Design a suite of solutions for each of the unique populations including international assignees, business development teams, international managers, customer service employees and HR professionals.
- Increase the cross-cultural understanding and sensitivity of all BAE Systems employees.
- Improve cross-cultural knowledge of BAE Systems’ key home markets.
- Enhance employees’ ability to manage and work in a multicultural team environment.
- Create a blended and flexible training approach.
- Deliver highly focused and dynamic trainer-led sessions.
- Offer additional training and support to international assignees’ partners and families.
Developing Global Competence
The main challenges were seen as:
- Designing a user-friendly toolkit of training solutions to meet the requirements of BAE Systems’ diverse business units and populations.
- Blending face-to-face training with online intercultural tools, ensuring a seamless link between online and trainer-led sessions.
- Delivering an innovative online portal that provided BAE Systems employees worldwide with up-to-date information on training solutions, news and resources to enhance their international competence.